Monday, January 25, 2010

And the sweetest husband award goes to...

When I awoke to change Ethan's morning diaper... I found a surprise in his nursery.  Spot it?


Chris had surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses that he ("and Ethan helped") picked up for me.

Last week,  I had felt so left out.  Ethan had his big 6 month well check up with his pediatrician and being at work, I wasn't there to join him and his dad to find out how big he had grown or ask my thousands of questions on sleeping, nutrition, development, (and much more!).  I knew Chris had it more than covered, but I couldn't be part of the process and had to wait for a summary.  (It was a pretty great summary, including the doctor calling him the "Picture of health"!)

My heart melted when I saw this unexpected surprise and I thought the sentiment behind it was just a little pick-me-up.  Chris then explained at length that it was to show the appreciation for what a wonderful mother I am and how I he recognizes all I put into being the best parent I can for Ethan.

I'm so grateful for Chris and that Ethan has such a good role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment